Lottery Scholarships You Can Enter Today
While many students receive scholarships because of good grades and volunteer work, some students get lucky and win scholarships in a lottery. Applying for a lottery scholarship is very easy, but your chance of winning is less than 1 in 10,000. Remember this while you apply for scholarships and make sure you apply to other scholarships too. Because lottery scholarships are easy to enter, they can be a good addition to your scholarship search.
Types of Lottery Scholarships
There are two different types of lottery scholarships:
Many businesses give students scholarships in a lottery. Most students can enter and the application process is very easy. Many times you need to create a profile on their website with your personal information. The company chooses the winner in a lottery.
Some states use lottery money to give students scholarships. There are different requirements in different states. Usually the student needs to go to a high school or college in the state, have a GPA of 2.75 or higher. Some states consider financial need.
Apply to Lottery Scholarships
Check out some lottery scholarships which you can enter to win today:
- Cappex Easy Money Scholarship. Fill in the form to win $1,000. One student receives the award.
- CollegeXpress $10,000 Scholarship. Register for a chance to win a $10,000 scholarship.
- VIP Voice Scholarship. Take two surveys to enter to win $5,000.
- CollegeSTEPS Program. Wells Fargo gives three high school students and three college students $5,000 during two different sweepstakes.
- Supercollege $1,000 Scholarship. Fill in application to enter to win $1,000
- Next Step Magazine. This is a sweepstakes to students entering their freshman year of college. The award is up to $20,000 and considers tuition cost and financial need.
- Scholarship Detective sweepstakes. This free scholarship search engine will award two students $1,000 scholarships in a lottery. To enter, fill out the application and answer how you plan to use the scholarship money.
- Peterson’s Scholarship. Enter this lottery scholarship and you can win $1,000.
- Because College is Expensive Scholarship. This scholarship awards $500 to students planning to start college within 24 months.
- Scholarship Points. Enter to win a prize of $1,000 or $10,000. Fill in form for a chance to win.
- Niche $2,000 No Essay Scholarship. There is one monthly winner. Create an account to apply.
- Scholarship Zone $10,000 Scholarship. when you create a profile they enter you to win a scholarship of $10,000.
- CollegeAve. Every month, one student can get $1,000 in a sweepstakes.
- Sallie Mae $1,000 Sweepstakes. Sign up to win $1,000. Each month one student receives an award.
- $10,000 Discover Student Loans Scholarship Award. During the year, 11 students receive the prize.
Keep In Mind
Watch out for sites that charge you money to enter their lottery. These sites can be a scam. There are enough free lotteries out there, so that you don’t need to pay for any. Be aware that many of the sites will sell or use your email address for marketing purposes and you will receive a lot of junk mail. If you are okay with that and the lotteries don’t ask you to pay, there is no real harm for you to enter the lottery scholarships and see what happens. Don’t depend on them, as very few students actually win. Focus your time on other scholarships, where you have a better chance of winning money.